Today I’m going to show you how I made this cute tic- tac-toe gameboard:
- something to use as your board. (I had this wood piece with sides that one of my son’s toys came in and I saved it for something crafty.) You could use a lid from something, or just a flat piece of wood or cardboard.
- patterned paper
- white acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- glue stick
- foam brush(es)
- scissors/paper cutter/ utility knife
- paint pen OR permanent maker
- distressing ink
- sanding block
Using a coat of Mod Podge, I attached my paper to the wood piece.
Then I used my knife to trim off any excess. Then I inked around the edges with my distressing ink. (The colour I used is called “Charcoal Grey”)
Then using some scraps in coordinating colours, I cut out 9 squares that were 1 1/2 inches. (4 in one pattern and 5 in the other.)
Using my ruler, I found the centre of the spot where I wanted my game board, then glued the squares down……..
Then I added a strip of another coordinating paper to the top:
Wrote “tic-tac-toe” using a marker, then sanded the edges so that the white showed……….
Then I glued that down as well……….
Now for the game pieces! I had these pumpkins that I bought last year at a dollar store. All I had to do was remove the adhesive piece from the back.
For the witch pieces, I used buttons and punched the witch image with a craft punch I had in one of my sets onto the black polka dot paper………….
Then used a round punch for the green cardstock. Next I used Mod Podge to glue ‘em all together. And added an extra coat on the top……..
If your wood piece had sides like mine, you can just turn your board upside-down and store your pieces like this…..
What a great game board for you next family game night!! My two and a half year old son loves this game now!
I hope you will stop by Crafting and Creativity and see what else I’ve been up to!
Thanks Amy for having me post today!!
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- Snow Day Hat & Mittens one day sale! – December 18, 2014
- Toddler Apron & Toy Oven Mitt Free Pattern – December 16, 2014
- 1 day sale on the Comfy Cozy Robe & Slippers Patterns! – December 11, 2014