I hate having a bare front door, so I made this burlap Welcome Spring Door Hanger.
It’s not quite spring yet, but I’m an optimist:)
- Freezer Paper
- Cricut, Silhouette, etc. or razor blade
- Fabric Scraps
- Embroidery floss
1. Cut out your designs on freezer paper with the shiny side down. I did “Welcome Spring!” and this sweet little bird. You can paint the whole thing or do part of it in fabric. I choose to do the branch and the lettering in paint, so I ironed those 2 stencils right to the burlap
2. To make the other pieces easier to cut out I ironed the freezer paper to the fabric and then cut around it.
3. Paint the letters using a dabbing motion. Dry…
4. Sew a casing by folding the burlap back and stitching in place. Thread a dowel through and tie a ribbon on each end
5. Stitch around the edges to keep the burlap from unraveling- I used a basting stitch
6. Sew on your details with a running stitch and embroidery floss
Pray for warm weather:)
This post sponsored by:
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.