It’s road trip season! And carpool season is coming up too:) Keep your car spic and span with a nifty car garbage bag.
Made from a re-purposed reusable shopping bag you’ll have this whipped up in no time!
1. Cut out your pieces (ignore the bib and focus on the black outlines). We’re going to use the original bag handle, so cut out 2 rectangles for the front and back that are wide enough to include the handle. Make the back piece long enough to also be the bottom of the bag. I cut my sides out of the bottom of the bag so they’d be a different color. Unpick the handle from the front of the bag
2. Turn the top edge of the side pieces to the back and stitch down to create a finished look. Sew the side pieces to the back piece along the side and bottom edge. You’ll wrap the back piece around to form the bottom of the bag.
3. Sew the front piece on
Enjoy your clean car!
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- How to Sew a Faux Fly: Sew Along Day 3 – October 1, 2014
- How to Sew Patch Pockets: Overalls Sew Along Day 2 – September 30, 2014
- Overalls Sew Along Day 1 – September 29, 2014