Today I have a super fun tutorial for you! I love making these for wedding gifts, anniversaries, Christmas, etc.
You can design it however you’d like. Sometimes I do just the name or it’s fun to do an established date as well. My mom and I went on a bit of a sign making spree not to long ago:)
Alrighty let’s get started!
Transfer Paper- essential!
Electronic cutter OR a razor blade and lots of patience
Saw tooth hanger
1. Paint your board and let it dry
2. Cut out your design out of the vinyl and peel away all of the excess
3. Smooth your transfer paper onto the vinyl. This keeps everything straight and looking perfect
4. Peel the transfer paper off (make sure you get all of the vinyl) and smooth it onto your board.
5. Peel off the transfer paper (make sure all of the vinyl stays on the wood) and admire!
I love those nice, crisp lines!
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.
Latest posts by Amy (see all)
- How to Sew a Faux Fly: Sew Along Day 3 – October 1, 2014
- How to Sew Patch Pockets: Overalls Sew Along Day 2 – September 30, 2014
- Overalls Sew Along Day 1 – September 29, 2014