Have a super hero in your house??? Or maybe you need a quick and easy gift???
The Super Hero Cape is just the thing!
Perfect accessory to help your little one save the day
Embellish with your favorite hero’s logo or the 1st letter of your kid’s name- the possibilities are endless!
And it’s reversible so you could do something different on each side
Little miss was NOT convinced that this was appropriate princess wear:) Good thing it was a gift for her favorite little buddy- I guess we’ll let him save the day instead
Ready to get started?
- Approx. 3/4 yard in 2 fabrics
- Felt for embellishing
1. Fold your fabric in half and cut out a cape shape on the fold. Mine was 32″ across the bottom and 9″ across at the top. From the neckline to the hem was 20″ which was a great length for a 2 year old with room to grow
2. Embellish each side of your cap. If you use regular fabric you’ll want to stitch around it with a zig-zag stitch to prevent fraying. Felt can just be topstitched right onto the cape
3. Line up your 2 cape pieces with right sides together and sew together all the way around leaving a 4″ gap across the bottom.
4. Turn right side out and top stitch around all edges- make sure you tuck in the raw edges from the gap you left.
5. Add some Velcro and you’re all set
***I LOVE the velcro closure because the cape will come right off if it gets caught on something- no strangulation hazard to worry about and your kiddo can put it on all by themselves
Have fun with your little backyard super hero!
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.