I’m getting started on holiday sewing and decided to whip up a fun holiday pillowcase for Anne to use every year at Christmas time
She had so much fun picking out the fabric and I know she’s going to love it! Heather over at The Sewing Loft sent me this adorable Reindeer letter and I was so excited to put it to good use! I think it really adds the perfect finishing touch
Let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2/3 yard main fabric
- 1/3 yard contrast fabric
- Piping or extra wide double fold bias tape
- Applique (optional)
1. Fold the fabric in half so the selvages meet. Trim any excess fabric so it’s just wider than your standard pillowcase. Don’t forget your seam allowance
2. With right sides together sew up the side seams.
3. Add a length of piping or bias tape to the bottom edge of the contrast piece. The raw edge should line up with the raw edge of the contrast piece.
4. Trim your contrast fabric to match the width of the top opening of the pillowcase plus seam allowances and then sew the short ends together forming a loop
5. With right sides together sew the contrast piece to the pillowcase with the trim in between the 2 layers
6. Iron flat and then fold the contrast piece in towards the wrong side of the pillowcase. Tuck the raw edge up inside the contrast band and topstitch in place so all raw edges are hidden
7. Iron on your fun applique and then stitch around it for added durability
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop
Amy is the founder and owner of Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop. She is a wife and mother to 3 children. Amy loves to sew, read and spend time outdoors.